Now, here are my goals for 2009:
- apply for a few more fellowships: three to be exact. The research proposal is already written, so I'd need to revise it to fit each application.
- present master's seminar in February. This is a bit of a gimme. I already have a large part of the seminar ready and I will present wherever my research is.
- pass qual in May. Part of this is making sure I still enjoy my life while I'm studying for the qual. My brain will more effectively remember things if I get enough sleep and take breaks from studying.
- submit thesis by August deposit deadline, which is in late July. This might be a bit of a stretch, but there's always October as a back-up.
- incorporate regular exercise into my schedule, both as stress relief and to strengthen my problematic neck-shoulder-back muscles.
- take a real vacation. I haven't had a vacation since I moved to GradState, and it has been a particularly stressful year and a third.
- find a place to rent where the boyfriend and I can stay until I'm done with school. We want space to expand in addition to having enough space for us right now.
- take vitamin daily. I was doing really well with this until sometime last spring (I think).
- do something for other people. I don't have any details about this. The boyfriend's goals for 2008 suggest donating blood. I'll consider it, even though last time I donated I nearly passed out.
2008 in review is yet to come...