Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Breakfast of Monkeys

I've been in a rut with breakfast lately. It's a really tasty rut involving oatmeal, chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas. I call it Monkey Oatmeal (or Chunky Monkey if you use chunky peanut butter) in honor of Not Licked Yet's sundae. If you're ever in Door County, Wisconsin, pay them a visit. It's well worth it on a hot summer evening!

Anyhow, here's how I make my Monkey Oatmeal:
1/2 cup quick oats
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp sweetener of choice
dash of salt
pinch of vanilla bean or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all those together and add perhaps a cup of hot water (or enough for whatever texture you like). I microwave mine for 30 seconds and add a little more water to make it extra creamy. Then...

1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 sliced banana

Mix these into the chocolate oatmeal and enjoy!
Mmm, chocolately Monkey Oatmeal goodness!

Let me know what you think. I have a few more of these up my sleeve.

Do you have a favorite breakfast item or recipe?

3 comments:

  1. That doesn't look very tasty! But then again, it has oatmeal in it. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably looks better when it's not so soupy, but I've had a bit of a cough lately and hot liquid is good. Except it's still oatmeal. Try another cooked grain, if you'd like.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
    Can I contact your through your email?

    Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete